Saturday, July 20, 2019

New Definition of Double Date

Japheth took me out on a date Wednesday evening (This summer due to schedules, we are having mid-weekly church on Tuesday evenings) . . . And the next afternoon as he was scraping cement on the wall of our house and I was joking/asking him about how did he ever get off work to do this . . . He replied, "OFF WORK?"  . . . Incredulous that I was counting this relaxing . . . Well,  to be honest, I had rested a bit that afternoon and came out to see what he was doing and was just talking with him, having a grand old time enjoying his presence and work on our house . . . He was balancing a heavy hock of mud in one hand and applying it with the other, sweat running down his face . . .

Anyway, in our conversation as he worked, he asked me if i remembered that this afternoon/evening there was an anniversary celebration of a customer/friend . . . And that he'd like just he and I to attend . . . So we did . . . but I felt guilty leaving the children for the second evening in a row!

That evening I decided that this is the second definition of a"Double Date" . . . When we go out TWO evenings in a row!!

No comments: