Saturday, September 12, 2020

Where Am I Planted?

I could have typed this Scripture verse (or in my case, swiped this out), but I really, really like seeing God's Word in is own setting on the printed page of the Bible.

Psalm one, verse three.

I was struck this morning in reading the blog, Devotions by Jan, when she said, "Water is never an issue because of where he is planted." 

Think about that . . . Having enough water in not the issue here . . . So maybe the question should be, 'Is something clogging my roots to bring that water up into my trunk and leaves? . . . Or am I planting my feet firmly into the stream of His love and strength?

Jan says, ”Water is never an issue because of where he is planted.  Rather than being planted in the soil of this world’s ideas of right and wrong, this person enjoys God’s blessing because of his love and obedience to God’s objective truth.  He is planted in the right place and can enjoy growth, fruit, and significance!"

Where am I planted? . . . Today as thirst comes as it does in this life . . . I will ask myself . . . "Am I drinking?" The water is there. That is no question.

No comments: