Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Towel Aprons

I made two new towel aprons today.  They are the best kind in my opinion.  They are so practical.  I can wipe my hands dry on them without having to search for the hand towel that disappeared from the kitchen when I turned my back. 🙂

I first started experimenting with a few old towels a couple of years ago, to try it.  I whacked them in half and sewed in a couple pleats and a belt from a wide ribbon I had on hand.  I loved them and usef them all the time . . . but with starting out used and old already, they look quite sad-looking and dowdy by now.

So last week I purchased two brand new towels to make into aprons and I am well pleased!!! I like the kind that you don't have to tie . . . I like them higher then my waist to keep my Sunday dresses clean in the kitchen . . . So I made them loose and sewed in the ties so I can just flip them over my head and I'm good to go.

What is your favorite apron style?
Here is style I made today.
It's as simple as can be . . . 
Here is the front.
and this is what the back looks like . . .

1 comment:

Jean said...

I wear an apron all the time when I’m working in the kitchen. All of mine tie in the back. I am checking out your pictures, but I can’t figure out how you keep it closed in the back. Towel fabric would indeed be perfect.