Wednesday, August 12, 2020

My Friends Affect Me

I love the color white.  And I have for awhile . . . But as I look back over the years, I noticed that colors come and go in my favors . . . though, pink has always been a mainstay and I haven't traveled too far from it.  It has me on a leash I do believe.

I remember as a newly wed my mother-in-law  and sisters-in-law really, really prized purple hues.  After a while I began to do the same thing maybe not quite as ardent, but close.

I have a friend who loves earth tones.  I have now rejoiced greatly at those colors as well and reveled in them.

Another friend wears neutral solid color dresses . . . And I have been enjoying the exquisiteness of the simple.

And yet another dear friend love all colors bright and cheery!

My mom has a very soft spot for yellow. Yellow has it's place in beauty! There is such a happy, hopeful joy in it all!

So this past week a few of my girls and I went up the road to check out a garage sale.  I found a stack of nice bowls which would be wonderful to add to our housewares at home seems we didn't have many that many microwaveable ones anymore. What happened to them I wonder?  The bowls had a moose in the middle - perfect decor for Northern Minnesota. Just maybe I'd use them in our hunting cabin, but wait, we needed them in the house for everyday use.  Digging in the boxes nearby, we found a set of dishes with lovely mixed colors, blue, yellow, orange and a turquoise. I bypassed them . . . But hey, so and so would love them! . . . The more I thought about it, they were beautiful!  I could use either these or the moose ones in the cabin or in the house.  But in the meantime one of my daughters set her heart on getting the moose set for her hope chest . . . So we left with two sets of dishes.

I, who love white and had the house trim ,inside and out, painted white and walls a neutral tan/beige/gray, bought orange and yellow and teal and blue dishes!

What happened here?!?! 🙂

Friends are a good thing!  They affect you in good ways. 





2 comments:

Cerwinhigh@gmail.com said...

I love those colors.

Unknown said...

They are beautiful!